Thursday, February 5, 2009

Philosophical Meandearings

Today I sold a sterling silver necklace with a clover pendant. I went to check the profile of the buyer that bought it, out of curiosity. I found a beautifully written and eloquent short profile. One of the things she said struck me deep and lingered in my mind.

She said, "Enthralled by Mother Earth, trying to embrace Father Time".

Exactly my thoughts, but I was never able to say it so beautifully. Yes, I hate growing old. I wish I could stop, or even just pause, the hands of time. It sometimes saddens me that I have a limited time on this Earth and once that time comes all my thoughts and experiences and wisdom will come to a screeching end. And, because I'm not famous, few will know about me.

And, I think of the earth as Mother Earth, for without her shelter and resources I would never even exist. And what a beautiful little planet it is, I doubt there are any as splendid in the solar system as she. And I will never know for sure.

No comments: