Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pen Pals Online

Several years back I was on an online pen pal acquisition frenzy. I loved the idea of having pen pals all over the world and they would tell me about their country and it's customs and culture. But, I had a hard time finding those loquacious types, most just wanted to write a couple of paragraphs and be done with it, or worse, send jokes and forwards. At one time I corresponded with a total of 13 penpals and it started to become a chore not only writing to, but also remembering who told me what.

Eventually I stopped staying in touch and now only have a total of TWO, and that suits me fine. One woman and one man, one in England and one in Alabama. They were two of the very first and we still write to each other and hopefully will until one of us croaks into eternity.

Maybe someday I might try again finding a wordy penpal in a remote exotic place, but for now I am happy with my loyal two.

No comments: