Saturday, April 12, 2008

Frogs and Jewelry

My last sale on Earthly Creations was on February 27, six plus long weeks of waiting and last night I finally sold another piece. A buyer who likes to collect frog items bought it. It was such a relief to break the stalemate of no sales. It is so depressing and discouraging to see others sell left and right and there are not only few views in my shop, but also, more importantly, no sales. Today I renewed the listing on the Amazonite bracelet to increase the exposure it's getting (from wherever, I'm assuming the ad) and it has gotten up to 99 views just a few minutes ago. I hope it sells, I can use the encouragement.

As per the frog earrings, here's the story. I bought these lead-free pewter frogs at a bead store and thought how it looked like it was about to leap. I had also bought these turqouise flat square stones. It occurred to me a vision of the frog on a mossy stone ready to leap into the blue pool below the rock. Hence the idea for the main photo.

Today I also opened a shop at Dawanda, the German online shop site, a Etsy wannabe. I now have four shops, two at Etsy.com (EarthlyCreations and ArizonaSkies), one at iCraft.ca (Aurora Creations), and the latest at Dawanda.com (FilomenaDesigns). The idea is to see which one or two of the four does the best twelve months from now and then keep the best two. I really could use the extra income but don't want to have to have a REAL job, with set hours and days. I had enough of that for most of my life. I really enjoy making jewelry and crafts and want it to stay pleasurable.

No comments: