Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Wine Swirl ring

I used to be very active at sewing, made my own doll clothes since I was 8 years old and made clothing in my teens and even made my mother two sets of slipcovers for her couch and chair when I was 14 and 17 years old. Then I got burned out and now never open my electric, portable 1964 Remington brand sewing machine unless there are things that NEED to be mended.

I had a beautiful maroonish red with dark inclusions button left over from the 1980's, a Vintage by all measurements, and decided to make a ring for my Earthly Creations jewelry shop at Etsy.com. This buyer bought it this weekend and I just mailed it today. I was going to put it in my curbside mailbox, but found that the mailman had already delivered to me. He usually comes between 11am and 2pm, but it's usually at 12 noon. I went out there at 11:15 and he had already come. So, I got in my auto and went 1/4 mile away to the nearest public mailbox. Next time I ship an order I'll have to make sure it's before the 11am time.

Anyway, here's the ring I sold:


No comments: