Saturday, April 4, 2009

Recipe

Did I say in my last post that I was feeling lazy today? I changed my mind. Make it LAZY LAZY LAZY!!!

So here's a recipe for you to assuage my feelings of unworthiness. Heh heh!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM BREAD

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temp
1/2 cup dairy sour cream, room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts, if desired (I use untoasted)

Grease an 8x4 loaf pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside. In small bowl of electric mixer, cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beat one minute or until light and airy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in sour crean and vanilla. Stir onto flour mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in strawberries and nuts. Turn into prepared pan, smooth top. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand in pan 10 minutes, tun out onto a rack to cool. Makes one loaf.

** Although the title says "bread", I treat it like a dessert and have a slice with my coffee. Yummy!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds wonderful! Also, your little red hot chili peppers brought back some memories for me. My sister used to make those things by the hundreds and sold them to stores in AZ! That was many, many years ago. I can just see her sitting and shaping those little peppers out of clay!

Thanks for following my blog!

Kathy
FourDogDay

Tracy said...

Nothing like a lazy day...and time to make a sweet treat. :o) Thanks for this wonderful recipe, Phyllis! Happy week!

SarahKate said...

Wow that sounds yummy yummy. I am going to try and make that! Thanks for the great recipe!