Thursday, April 16, 2009

The time flies

Wow, how time flies! I had no idea it's been 12 days since my last post.

I can truly say I've been working, though. Last year it rained so much in the spring that my backyard was overrun with weeds. I was overwhelmed and did what ostriches are supposed to do, I buried my head in the sand of denial and refused to do anything about it. This year I resolved that I wanted to reclaim my pretty and tidy back yard, tend to my neglected plants, and sit again in my back porch to eat a lunch or sip coffee and watch the wildlife (mostly birds) enjoy my little spot of earth.

It's all done and mentally I feel proud of myself. Physically, every muscle of my body aches. But, it's a good ache, like when you've just worked out at the gym. Sore, but proud of yourself for taking control of your body and your life.

Here are before and after photos of a portion of the backyard =


4 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow! That is awesome! Nice job...you should be very proud!

Tracy said...

Looking good, Phyllis! WOW--a LOT of work you did! Gardening is great for the the body and spirit though. :o) Now the snow is melted here, we look forward to more days outdoors! I know what you mean though...it's been a busy week and days since I posted, must remedy during the weekend. Have a great one! :o)

SarahKate said...

Oh my gosh! Wow that was some hard, hard work! Great job it looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

wow you worked hard ...
no wonder you're sore...
have a wonderful weekend
mona & the girls