Sunday, March 29, 2009

An ironic seven year old boy


My grandson Jake is 7 1/2 years old. It never ceases to amaze me some of the comments he makes about life. But, I never thought he could be ironic at his age. When he visited on Friday night he drew me some sketches. One of them was of a man with a cigarette dangling from his mouth while wearing a T-shirt with a no-smoking decal. On the man's arms are tattoos of skulls. Something to remember for parents who puff away while telling their kids not to smoke. The irony and hypocrisy is not lost on their children, even 7 year old kids are aware of it. I don't know why Jake made the drawing since neither I nor his parents smoke. I'm saving the drawing to show him when he's older.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Children, even young ones observe more than we realize, I think...We can learn a lot from them! Your Jake's sketch is very interesting. Perhaps he saw someone smoking and didn't like it and understands that smoking does not do a body good, hence the drawing? Happy week ahead to you, Phyllis :o)

Unknown said...

very smart grandson...

out visiting for new friends...
beautiful blog & jewels

mona & the gaffer girls

SarahKate said...

oh the things kids pick up on...

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog about my new little family member! =]